Setting Sun on the Family Farm


Another day and more shit to shovel! I took a rest day yesterday and walked around town taking pictures. Nakom Phanome really is a beautiful city and they take great pride in their walkways on the Mekong. That post is for another day as well as the alien bug encounter we had the last few days.. Today we had to haul shit to the family’s other fields about 3 miles away which entailed putting road tires on the tractor. Once we finished up for the day the brothers wanted to take me net fishing , which was great because I was all about doing some swimming.The water was cool and just what I needed after a long day in the fields. As for the fishing, well, we didn’t catch anything and after trying three different bodies of water we settled into the largest of the man made ponds and started searching for fresh water mussels. After an hour and with the sun finally gone from the sky we counted 3 dozen mussels as our take and we headed back to the family home for a well deserved meal…which included the mussels.I was amazed that after dinner Uncle, who is an auxillary policeman, got dressed and headed out for a night of work after working the fields for 10 hours.I think I’m going to need a vacation from this vacation soon…The internet here is excruciatingly slow today so not many pictures but hopefully it will be better tomorrow because I really want to post a lot of pictures of the walkways on the Mekong.

0 评论:

Post a Comment